Some of the products you may be using today that contain lead are chocolate, cosmetics, computers and other electronics, construction trade materials, batteries, keels of boats, car and truck tires….
- Production and use of lead is growing worldwide.
- Roughly 10 million tons are produced annually with half of that coming from recycling.
- Lead is usually found in ore with zinc, silver and most abundantly in copper.
- The United States is one of the world’s top producers of lead.
- At the current rate of use it’s predicted that lead will run out in just under forty years.
After reading about a lead issue California is dealing with it should become pretty clear that lead is a huge environmental exposure most people do not think about.